It’s clear that recruitment is becoming like the advertisement scene for STAINMASTER® carpet with Pro Hart’s dear old cleaner. Of course, while Pro Hart saw a masterpiece, the cleaner saw a mess! Technological disruptions are now the paint and brush that some see as a noisy, messy picture, while others see it as jumping into a digital masterpiece in the making.
Do I have your attention? It’s clear that recruitment is becoming like the advertisement scene for STAINMASTER® carpet with Pro Hart’s dear old cleaner. Of course, while Pro Hart saw a masterpiece, the cleaner saw a mess! Technological disruptions are now the paint and brush that some see as a noisy, messy picture, while others see it as jumping into a digital masterpiece in the making.
So What Does the Masterpiece Look Like Now?
Choice from Quantity: Recruiting has migrated from newspapers to digital publishers, with huge databases full of job seekers who, along with employers, are making millions of searches.
But, bigger is normally better, right?
The flip side is the bewildering range of job positions with unique titles such as “Ganger”, “Environment Manager (office manager)” or “Region Controller” that get lost in a sea of jobs.
Basic Search Filters: Working from the principle question of “What” and “Where”? At this primitive stage you will get pretty primitive search results, which will either:
- Be too specific to attract the right candidate; or
- Be too generic and attract non-applicable job seekers.
For example, a search for a specific “Council Finance Officer” compared to a generic “Finance Officer” returned the following:
|“Council Finance Officer” Search Results||“Finance Officer*” Search Results|
|Total Jobs||Genuine Council Jobs||Total Jobs|
* Resulted in a broad range of industries, eg. Trade Finance Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Banking Finance Officer, etc.
Tips to get your Recruitment Masterpiece to stand out:
- Qualifying criteria: Essential for recruitment websites to efficiently screen applicants.
- Visibility is key: Make sure you advertise on multiple platforms by buying packages.
- Look attractive: A picture is worth 1000 words! Millions of examples! Your agency or provider can help you cheaply enough.
- Choose the right package: Powerful marketing partnerships exist between the major publishers and recruitment websites. Bespoke options utilising big data audience, prime space, sophisticated remarketing as well as value for money print options are now available.
What Will Your New Masterpiece Look Like?
Still taking shape where you can see “the beauty and the agony” or “the simple but bewildering”?
We see four major colours on the artist’s palette, which give you the creative inspiration.
- Granular Search Filtering – If it’s there we will find it
Main options are a Boolean basis (AND, OR, NOT filters) or a Suri phonetic approach. Cut down hundreds of resumes to a handy collection in no time!
- Continual Conversation – Let’s talk and see where this ends up
Great organisations have a handle on talent. Digital talent pools give access to great prospects for both employer and job seeker. You can also talk on social media with qualified candidates about the job, the region or anything else!
- Pans Solution – Today’s mischief with yesterday’s method
Intriguing! For a modest fee the provider will “max out” their IT platform for quantity, use search to refine and then phone interview a shortlist of candidates. Manual intervention!
- The Boutique – It’s all about the search from quality
These can be job boards for industry associations targeting certain industries or skills. For instance, council workers have dedicated job sites.
How Can Employers Enjoy this Masterpiece?
Stand back and take a good long look. Ironically most solutions come from asking the right questions.
Some questions to think of as an employer are:
- What has or hasn’t worked?
- How embracing are we of new technology?
- Do we prefer a stronger digital application or more human interaction?
- Can our masterpiece work with my recruiting or HR system/process?
- When is it appropriate for low cost solutions and higher cost solutions?
- How do we want to pay? Cost per Click (CPC), Straight ad cost, success fee?
- Are we happy with one provider or should we package?
- Can we be more cost effective – e.g. reuse quality graphic formats across providers?
- How would we keep a “conversation” going with content?
Leonards Advertising has extensive recruiting experience and is keenly following the rapid evolution of the employment market. We would love to discuss (obligation free) your employment needs and “kick the can” in trying to find the best solution for you.